Disaster Preparation and Resources
In the event of an emergency, our first responders will be overwhelmed. It’s critical for citizens to be prepared to take care of themselves, their neighbors, and their community for at least 3 days, and preferably 5-7. The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training is a national program to train citizens to help fill the gap between a disaster or emergency, and the arrival of professional services. Sign up at www.readymarin.org/CERT for upcoming classes.
There are many resources available to assist you in preparing for a disaster.
- ReadyMarin.org: guidance, classes, CERT training, and resources on emergency preparedness for citizens.
- Ross Valley Fire Department: comprehensive information on how to prepare for and handle certain events
- Fairfax flood siren FAQ what to do when you hear the siren.
- Fairfax Creek Cam: 24/7 live feed of the creek under Town Hall.
- Free sand and sand bags for residents: in the Pavilion parking lot prior to storms.